Licensed Optician Opportunity
Cape Coral Eye Center is currently seeking a Licensed Optician
The Cape Coral Eye Center has a full-time opening for a Licensed Optician. Uniforms are provided at no cost to employees. If you believe you have the experience and qualities of a top performer and would like to apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to: HR.Manager@capecoraleyecenter.com.
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school, or apprenticed under the state apprenticeship program and successfully passed the State Board exam.
• ABO Certified.
• NCLE Certified.
• Board Certified in the State of Florida.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to input jobs in Office Mate software
• Knowledge of managed care plans
• Problem solving/analytical
• Time management skills
• Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with patient’s vocational and avocational visual requirements.
• Determine patient’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using Lensometer or lens analyzer and patient’s eyeglasses.
• Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit patient needs.
• Assist patients in selecting frames according to style and color, coordinating frames and facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
• Measure patient’s bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, papillary distance, and optical centers of eyes.
• Prepare work order and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
• Verify finished lenses are ground to specification.
• Heat, shape, and adjust plastic or metal frames to fit patient.
• Instruct patient in adapting to, wearing, and caring for eyeglasses.
• Sell contact lenses.
• Sell optical goods such as Plano sunglasses.
• Repair damaged frames.
• Compute amount of sales and collect payment for services.
• Able to analyze pricing vs. patient’s vision benefits and submits optical claims to vision plans.
• Able to analyze selling behavior to improve collections.
• Not responsible for purchasing frames, supplies, or meeting with vendors.